We're celebrating 7(!) years of great coffee + great customers
At 6:30am on the first Friday of December in 2007, with a crack team of ten newly hired and trained baristas, we excitedly and nervously opened our doors not knowing what to expect... and the rest is history! Over the last seven years, we have had the honor and pleasure of crafting our delicious coffee and tea drinks for the warm and discerning good folks of Andersonville (and beyond). Your friendships, praise and good wishes have been more fulfilling than anything we could have imagined before we started on this adventure.
On our 7th anniversary, we would like to stop and take the opportunity to say thank you for choosing us and growing with us and our family. (We're even literally a 'Mom + Pop' now... have you met our 4-year old, Max?)
Please come celebrate with us at The Coffee Studio on Friday, December 5 from 7-10pm. We'll be schmoozing, reminiscing about the past, and even taste-testing for the future. You'll have the chance to try previews of items we're considering adding to the menu and offer feedback. We'll be donating all sales of coffee- and tea-based cocktails during the event to the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce, as a thank you for all the work that they do supporting locally-owned independent businesses like ours. We'll also be giving away gift cards for other independent and unique business in Andersonville that we love, and other fun stuff, too. And, though it seems just too good to be true... one super- lucky guest will go home with a special Studio Pass good for "A Year of Delicious Drinks" (one coffee/tea drink per week on us for all of 2015). So please come join us... we hope to see you there.
Here's to the next seven years of great coffee and teas with our adored friends and supporters,
Miguel and Lee Corrina Cano
Owners, The Coffee Studio
And while you're in the neighborhood...
Friday, December 5th is also Late Night Andersonville (6-10pm): Over 40 of your favorite Andersonville stores and restaurants will be open late and offering great savings on distinctive holiday gifts and delectable meals, plus free refreshments and entertainment. http://www.andersonville.org/events-2/late-night-andersonville/
The Coffee Studio
The Coffee Studio is a modern, independent espresso bar focused on expertly crafting delicious drinks and snacks from fresh locally roasted coffees and simple, flavorful ingredients.
Now serving wine, craft beers and coffee and tea cocktails. Yum!.
Open 6.30am-9pm everyday.
We offer free Wi-Fi with purchase (WEBbeams).
Some folks say......
10 Hottest Coffee Shops in Chicago - Zagat
The Best Coffee Shops in the U.S. - delish.com
Where to Drink Coffee in Chicago - Serious Eats
National Hot 10/Best Boutique Coffee Shops - bon appétit
Making great coffee isn’t rocket science.
But it’s not exactly child’s play either.
Thousands of variables affect the final flavors in your coffee cup: from how the farmers pick the fresh coffee cherries at origin, to how the roaster tweaks the temperature profile to accentuate the flavor potential of the green beans.
At The Coffee Studio, we’re not coffee importers or coffee roasters... we’re real baristas, skillfully hand-crafting fairly-sourced, locally-roasted, award-winning coffees.
We’re here to make sure that all of the potential in those freshly roasted beans makes it into your cup.
We think of it as practicing the coffee arts.
Welcome to our studio.
Coffee and Tea Wares
We don't just make and serve delicious drinks, we also have what you need to make great coffee and tea at home:
- Fresh, Locally-roasted Intelligentsia Coffee Beans and Kilogram Fine Loose-leaf Teas
- Chemex Glass Handled 10-cup Brewer and various Chemex Filters
- KONE Coffee Filter for Chemex - reusable photo etched stainless steel filter
- Hario v60 Drippers and Bonmac filters
- Technivorm KBT-481 Brewers (SCAA approved) [currently out of stock]
- Bonavita Electric Brewers with Thermal Carafe (BV1800TH)
- Sowden SoftBrew 4-Cup Coffee Maker
- Capresso Infinity Grinder (Model 560)
- Baratza Encore + Baratza Virtuoso Grinders (plus Baratza Essato Scale + PortaHolders)
- Manual Coffee Grinders: Porlex Grinders and Hario Mini-mill Grinders
- Teamaker, Vacuum Flask and Milk/Sugar Set by Eva Solo
- Teapots, Tea Filter Bags and Mesh Tea Balls
- Circa Ceramics wares, including Chicago Flagware (coffee cups/tea cups/demitasses)
- Contigo Autoseal Stainless Travel Mugs
- KeepCups: BPA-free Reusable Cups, incl. Limited Edition Glass + Cork "Brew" KeepCup
- Insulated "Eco-cup On Ice" Cold Cups
- GRAYL Stainless Steel Water Filtration Cup + Replacement Filter (1 or 3-pack) or Purifier
- Andersonville/TCS Diner Mugs
- And more...
©2014 The Coffee Studio, LLC.