What do we mean when we say "Barista"?
* We think a barista is not just any Person Behind The Counter (PBTC) at a sandwich or coffee shop, but someone with training, respect for, and pride in, the highly-specialized craft of making great coffee. If you dig around a bit, you'll discover there's actually a whole community out there of highly-skilled, passionate baristas who know a ton about coffee, from how it's really grown in origin countries all the way to how to make it sing in their customer's cup. [Movie-time! Meet some of the diverse voices of the barista community on YouTube.]
About the positions
Barista responsibilities include:
- Engaging customers and surpassing their needs
- Taking orders and ringing up sales
- Preparing and servings coffee and other drinks
- Preparing and serving simple snacks
- Developing barista skills and helping train new hires
- Maintaining the store environment and equipment
- Re-stocking inventory and communicating store needs
- Ensuring food safety standards are met
- Recommending product and process improvements
Lead Baristas/Shift Managers are also responsible for:
- Directing and monitoring staff
- Coaching barista skill development
- Providing hiring and performance feedback
- Resolving unmet customer concerns
- Managing inventory/ordering levels
- Shift logistics, documentation and communication
Please drop off your completed application at the front counter.
We are located at 5628 N Clark St and are open every day from 6:30am until 9:00pm.
We hope this is the start of a beautiful relationship!
Technical Note About Opening/Saving Your Application
Please note, due to some recent Adobe updates, there is a good chance (depending on your browser/OS/version of Reader) that you may not be able to save a copy of your completed application to your computer in Adobe Reader (other than "Print to PDF").
Therefore we recommend either printing out the blank application and filling it out by hand, or typing it in and then printing it out (or, as mentioned, "Printing to PDF" as an alternate way to save a non-editable copy).
Also, if you have any trouble downloading the file at all, try "right-clicking" button below and "Save link as..."
©2016 The Coffee Studio, LLC.
(Note- It has recently come to our attention that some other coffee shops have been copying our job ads and employment page content and using them as their own. While we take it as a compliment, we just want to make sure that you know that everything in our ads and on our employment page was written by us at The Coffee Studio and represents our unique perspective and values. Hopefully it will speak to you, too. Thanks.)